PCLCODES.exe is primarily used by PCL applications
developers to convert HP PCL3/4/5/5e/5c and PCL6/XL files into human readable
text for PCL analysis, debugging and learning by example.
PCLCodes can also be used to:
- Migrate bitmap or scalable fonts by extracting them from a print stream.
- Edit legacy PCL print streams for use on new printers.
- Learn PCL by disassembling it from any source to see the commands used.
- Viewing raster objects and raster font characters in a PCL print stream.
Ways to Purchase PCLCodes Program
- Included in PCLWorks (32-bit) $79 Buy Now
- Included in PCLWorks (64-bit) $89 Buy Now
- Included in PCLWorks Unlimited (32-bit) $139 Buy Now
- Included in PCLWorks Unlimited (64-bit) $157 Buy Now
- Included in all PCLTool SDK Configurations $425 - $995 Buy Now
For Applications that require searchable text or text extraction:
If your application requirements require you to be able to extract searchable text from the PCL generated by the end user, and, for any reason the PCL generated by their current Windows printer driver does not generate searchable text, then, we recommend downloading and installing our PCLCapture, PCLMagic (PCL5e/5c) printer driver, Port Monitor and HotDir programs included with our PCLTool SDK Live Evaluation. PCL generated using our PCLMagic printer driver will be text searchable.
If having your end user install our PCLMagic text printer driver is not possible, please call or send us an email with the full scope of your application, workflow, transformation, text extraction and other requirements so that we can make a product recommendation. Or please download our PCLTool SDK Live Evaluation and take a look at our PCLExtract program.
PCLCodes Product Support
We are continually maintaining and enhancing our products and welcome any suggestions on how to improve them. We would also like to know if you find any bugs or anomalies.
We reserve the right to respond to technical inquiries about PCLCodes, unless we receive a well-documented request.
If you have general questions about PCL, please visit:
To learn more about our products, services, flexible licensing and value pricing please contact us by one of the following methods:
||PCL Technical Support Form|